2019 - 2020 PTA & School Leadership Team Elections
- Nominations are being accepted through May 10
- Elections will be held on June 7
Have you ever wanted to have a greater impact on your child’s education? Are you interested in giving your time and energy to help our school grow? If so, nominations for the 2019 - 2020 PTA Executive Board (EB) and for two seats on the School Leadership Team (SLT) are now open. The goal of the Nominating Committee is to enlist the talents of PS/IS 276 parents and caregivers to fill these positions.
Some things to consider:
EB meetings are generally held on the first Tuesday of each month at 8:20AM and SLT meetings are generally held the Wednesday prior to the PTA General Membership (GM) meeting at 3:45PM. EB and SLT members are expected to attend all meetings.
You may nominate yourself or another parent or caregiver to run for a position on the
EB or SLT.
Run with a friend! Two people may run together to share the responsibilities of any position on the EB.
The deadline for submitting a nomination is the close of the PTA GM meeting on Friday, May 10th.
Voting will take place at the June 7th PTA GM meeting. You do not need to be present
at the June 7th meeting to run. Nominee(s) can choose to prepare a brief bio, which we will share with the voting community, mentioning their experience, education and/or any pertinent history relevant to the position.
School Leadership Team
The School Leadership Team (SLT) develops the school's Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP) and evaluates the effectiveness of the school's educational programs and their impact on student achievement. The SLT is also responsible for identifying and developing initiatives that improve student educational attainment (i.e., Lower School Spanish program, math coach, technology) and parental understanding of curriculum and educational approach (i.e., math and ELA overview).
The SLT is composed of Principal Terri, the United Federation of Teachers Chapter Chair, the PTA President, elected teachers and elected parents/caregivers. The length of term is 2 years.
• There will be 2 open seats for the 2019 – 2020 SLT.
PTA Executive Board
The Executive Board (EB) oversees and facilitates the activities of the PTA and is made up of the following officers: President, Vice President of Fundraising, Vice President of Communications, Vice President of Parent Relations, Secretary, and Treasurer.
You may nominate yourself or someone else for any position on the EB.
Two people may run together to share the responsibilities of any position on the EB.
The length of term is 1 year. Officers may run for a second 1 year term at the end of their first term.
Below are brief descriptions of each role on the EB. Please see the PTA Bylaws on the school’s website (www.bpcschool.org) for more information.
- President oversees activities of the PTA and event committees, runs monthly EB meetings and PTA GM meetings, and serves as a core member of the SLT.
- Vice President of Fundraising acts as liaison between fundraising project committee chairs and the Executive Board and assists with coordinating new fundraisers.
- Vice President of Parent Relations facilitates communication between the PTA and Class/Grade Parents, encourages parent participation in events and oversees holiday and year-end teacher and staff gift collection.
- Vice President of Communications prepares the weekly eNews and other PTA communications.
- Recording Secretary records and distributes minutes of the monthly EB meetings and PTA GM meetings, prepares notices, agendas, and sign-in sheets for the meetings.
- Treasurer manages all financial affairs and funds of the PTA, maintaining an updated record of all income and expenditures and paying all invoices. The Treasurer presents the PTA’s financial report to the EB and the GM each month. The Treasurer oversees the budget and audit committees.
- Assistant Treasurer assists the Treasurer in monitoring, overseeing, and auditing revenues for PTA fundraising activities, as well as banking, recordkeeping and other duties.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, March 25
- Thursday, March 28
- Friday, March 29
- Monday, April 1
- Tuesday, April 2
- Wednesday, April 3
- Tuesday, April 9